top of page

Things To Know About Life After Masa

Updated: Apr 30, 2020

Many people who come to Israel through Masa programs think about or decide to stay. Whether it’s only for a short period of time, or you want to make Aliyah, there are many ways you can stay in Israel after a Masa program. If you are thinking about doing a Masa program, or are currently on one and want to extend your time in Israel, the following information may be helpful.

1) Making Aliyah through the Jewish Agency

The Jewish Agency helps Jews from all over the world make Aliyah. Once you are registered, they will help you with gathering and submitting your application documents, setting you up with an Aliyah consultant, getting your visa and immigration paperwork done, and arranging your free one-way flight to Israel

2) Making Aliyah through Nefesh B’Nefesh

Nefesh B’Nefesh works closely with the Israeli government and The Jewish Agency for Israel. They work to eliminate or reduce the financial, professional, logistical, and social challenges that come with making Aliyah. Nefesh B’Nefesh focuses on those making Aliyah from the United States, Canada, and the UK.

3) Masa Work Visa

If you want to stay in Israel but not make Aliyah, you can get a 6-month work visa through Masa. To apply, you need to go to Misrad Hapnim and bring your passport, 2 passport photos, a visa application form, and a Masa letter. If you are approved, you will get your visa the same day and will be able to work immediately. You can only apply for the visa after your program has ended, and are only eligible if you received a Masa grant.

4) A1 Temporary Residence Visa

An A1 visa is a temporary resident visa that allows people to experience living in Israel before making a decision on whether they want to make Aliyah. The visa is valid for three years, with an option to extend it for up to two years. Some benefits of having an A1 visa include being able to register with an Israeli healthcare provider after spending 183 consecutive days in Israel, income tax reduction, and purchase tax reduction.

5) B/1 Work Visa

A B/1 Work visa is given to people whose stay in Israel is approved for a limited period of time in order to work. It is given mostly to experts and artists, among others and is given only with the approval of the Ministry of Interior.

6) Ways to Stay Connected

For those staying in Israel after their Masa program, there are ways to stay connected through Facebook groups to know what jobs and apartments are available, as well as what events are happening. Some Facebook groups include Masa Community in Israel, Nefesh B’Nefesh- Jobs in Israel, and Secret Tel Aviv.

610 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page