A cool Israeli tech startup looking for a Data Scientist to boost their algorithmic product innovation across the company.
You will be part of a team that will have ownership of the modeling part of turning data into customer experience improvements. This means using data to generate or validate hypotheses about improvement opportunities, building the models that make these improvements happen and following up on feedback generated by millions of customers.
- Create robust recommendation systems.
- Perform exploratory analysis and text mining
- Work alongside machine learning experts, technologists, product managers from across the organization to solve complex problems
- Work on pure research projects with the goal to increase our understanding of user behavior online.
- Write production-quality code while implementing your own ideas
- Our ideal candidate is result-focused, innovative and has a solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
- Degree in Data Science/Statistics/Computer Science or Engineering
- At least two years of experience as a data scientist
- An all-around data scientist: strong statistics background, experience in algorithm programming, experimentation, data visualization, machine learning, optimization and big data
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and programming
- Good understanding of probability and statistics
- Team player, Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
A Big Plus
- Experience working on an applied recommendations system solution
- Experience in NLP
- Experience in Deep Learning (Tensorflow/Keras/Theano)
- Experienced in operating Linux-based systems
- Experience with big-data frameworks (e.g. MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, Hive)
- Experience with large scale/ distributed systems in production
- Experience with cloud-based environments (preferably AWS)